Churches and shrines
S. Pietro in Sylvis parish church, dating back to the VII century, is one of the best preserved churches in the territory and represents a typical example of exarchal architecture.
S. Michele Arcangelo is the main church of the town. Together with San Pietro in Sylvis church, it forms the parish complex of the town.
The church, overlooking the main square, was built in 1820 in neoclassical style on the ruins of a XI century romanic church.
The Sanctuary was built between 1794 and 1813 under the supervision of the architect Zaccaria Facchini. Beside it, you find the municipal cemetery.
The church, dedicated to "Madonna Annunziata", was rebuilt in 1640 in Baroque style, since the former building had been destroyed by an earthquake. The bell tower, with pyramid spire, was destroyed during the war.
The sanctuary, important pilgrimage destination, preserves a XVI century ceramic image of the Virgin and 46 votive printings dated XVIII and XIX century. The sanctuary is located in an area that formerly was covered by woods. According to the tradition several miracles happened here.
This church, with a late Medieval structure, was rebuilt several times during the centuries, till it was completely destroyed during World War II bombing. The rebuilding and redesinging of the church was carried out by the Bolognese architect Alberto Legnani.
The church, with a plastered facade and niches, is also used not only for services but also as seat of concerts, meetings and exhibitions.
The church, built in Gothic Roman style, was built in the decade 1484-1494 following the Papal bull dated June the 6th 1484. The consecration is dated 1495.
This church, located in the village of Santa Maria in Fabriago, is one of the oldest of the diocese and is dedicated to the nativity of Virgin Mary; formerly, it used to be a parish church.