The Baracca Chapel, designed in 1923 and completed the following year, is made with different noble materials, enhanced by a very high quality workmanship. The architectural project and the decoration constitute an important moment in the work of the maturity of the artist Roberto Sella (Lugo, 1878- Faenza, 1955).
Inside the chapel it is possible to admire the majestic sarcophagus cast with Austrian cannon bronze from Carso with symbols of the hero: the hippogriff and the prancing horse, a majestic bronze eagle, which holds the Italian flag in its claws.
Address: Via De’ Brozzi, 81 , 48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: 0545 38105 – 38561, info – Museo Baracca
Fax: 0545 38534
Web site: http://www.museobaracca.it
How to get
The chapel is inside the graveyard.
Graveyard of Lugo