This church was built in Neoclassical style. Budrio’s church owns an important reliquary with pieces belonging to several saints. Each of those holy relics has an official document stating its autenticity and released by the Church.
The first religious building in the area of Budrio might be dated back around 1100, and should consist of a small chapel. In 1400 the church was rebuilt and then in 1479 it finally became a parochial church, although it did not have the right yet to have a baptistry.
It has a single nave with vaults ceiling.
Starting from the left side, there’s the altar dedicated to “Beata Vergine del Buon Consiglio”, which is the patron saint of the village of Budrio. On the right side of this Madonna are hung three “ex voto” painted with oil colours on wood, all made by the artist Giovanni Bertazzoni from Lugo (1805-1884). On the sides of the chapel are hung two oval oil paintings depicting Santa Lucia and Santa Dorotea, both made by Benedetto dal Buono, painter from Lugo (1711-1755).
On the right side of the interior, there’s the chapel of “Crocifisso”, which is a plaster and wood art work by a XIX century anonymous artist. On both sides of the chapel are hung two oval paintings, oil on canvas, depicting Sant’Agata and Santa Apollonia, both made by the painter Benedetto dal Buono from Lugo.
Nearby this chapel, there’s a small baptistery, made of marble and Istria stone, with a wooden cover. Nearby the entrance door, on the right side there’s a beautiful oval holy-water font made of marble, which the same one that used to be in the former XVI century Budrio’s church.
Address: Via Budrio 1 – 48033 Budrio di Cotignola (RA)
How to get
The church is located in Budrio, a small village near Cotignola. Car park available.
open during services
(Updated to 24/08/2023)