The church was built in 1686 as private oratory of Fiaschi Marquis from Ferrara. It was finished in 1689 and dedicated to the Immaculate Conception. Around the middle of the XIX century the bell tower, with its characteristic bulb dome, was addeded.

The altarpiece of the church, now preserved at London National Gallery, is ascribed to Garofalo (Benvenuto Tisi 1481-1559), excellent painter from Ferrara. The local church hosts a copy of the famous paint.

Useful information

Address: Via Fiumazzo 354 – 48020 Belricetto di Lugo (RA)
Phone: 0545 74247 Church

How to get
The church is located in the village of Belricetto di Lugo. Car and bus park.

Opening informations
open upon request

(Updated to 22/08/2020)

logo bassa romagna mia

Official tourist information site of the Union of Municipalities of Bassa Romagna

Piazza della Libertà, 13
48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Tel. +39 0545 280898

P.IVA e Cod. Fiscale 02291370399