Chiesa di San Francesco di Paola LugoThe present building, in neogothic style, dates back to 1890 and stands on a previous XIV century ‘s structure dedicated to the “Annunziata”, of which several traces and decorations remain.

In 1264, following Santerno river’s floods, the inhabitants of S. Maria in Fabriago moved to Lugo where they built an oratory for a Madonna they had carried with them. Between 1335 and 1346 in this village rose a church dedicated to Maria Annunciation, as the inhabitants of Fabriago had wished.

The present church hosts a precious sacred art work, the Mourning on Dead Christ (XV century), a group in polychromic terracotta by an anonymous artist from Ferrara.

Useful information

Address: Via Fermini 37 – 48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: 0545 22586 info Church
Web site:

How to get
The church is located in via Fermini near corso Garibaldi, about 400m from Piazza Baracca. Car park on both streets, facilities for disabled.

Opening informations
Please check hours phoning to the church.

(Updated to 28/07/2023)

logo bassa romagna mia

Official tourist information site of the Union of Municipalities of Bassa Romagna

Piazza della Libertà, 13
48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Tel. +39 0545 280898

P.IVA e Cod. Fiscale 02291370399