This oratory was built in the village of Passogatto in the beginning of the XVIII century and it was dedicated to a tiny image of the Madonna from Loreto, which have been found in 1957 soon after the closing of the church due to restoration works.
The church is a small baroque masterpiece, it has greek cross structure, with four chapels, one on each side, all of them decorated with wide shells. There isn’t much left of the original sacred objects and art works: but among those few ones, it’s worth of mention the beautiful XVII century ancona, a local craft masterpiece whose niche hosts the Holy Virgin image.
Address: Via Passogatto 16 – 48020 Passogatto di Lugo (RA)
Phone: 333 2513259
Web site: Comune di Lugo
How to get
The oratory is in the Village centre, at 18 km far from Lugo, Ferrara direction, SS 13 Bastia. Car park available.
(Updated to 16/08/2023)