The oratory dates back to 1679; the inside is in pure baroque style both for the structure and for the decorations. There are three chapels and a central altar built during the restoration in the Sixties.
The chapel on the right is dedicated to “Beata Vergine di Loreto”, the one on the left to “S. Giovanni di Natha”. The oratory preserves a lot of canvas, frescos and “stucco” by Tommaso Missiroli, knows as Il Villano, and by Ignazio Stern. All the works depict moments in S.Onofrio’s life. Above the entry, we can admire the empty tombstone of Clemente Galanotti, who had disposed the building of the same oratory.
At the moment the church is deconsecrated and hosts exibitions and art happenings.
Address: Piazza Trisi – 48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: 0545 299111
How to get
Town centre. Wide car parks in the area.
open during events and upon request for groups
(Updated to 12/08/2023)