The war memorial was carried out by Pietro Melandri (Bagnacavallo 1894 – Roma 1971), pupil of Angelo Zanelli, author of the frieze for the “Altare della Patria”.
Inaugurated in 1926 at the presence of the Minister Costanzo Ciano, the monument has a rectangular marble base on which a bronze group of figures stands. In this group the image of the Winning Hero with Winged Victory on his shoulder is the most relevant. Built as a celebration of Fascism, after the World War II it was dedicated to the war deads.
Address: Piazza della Libertà – 48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Phone: 0545 280898 Tourist Information Office
How to get
The monument is in the central piazza della Libertà. Car park along the neighbouring streets.