The church Arcipretale of San Giovanni battista and Sant’Andrea Apostolo was built on the ruins of the former oratory towards the end of the XV century and underwent to several alterations and widenings (1653 – 1752 – 1774).
The facade was restored in middleage style and the interior has a single nave.
The main altar and the altar-piece are made of “scagliola”. They provide a marvellous marble effect and were carried out by the famous Della Quercia brothers in 1774. Worth of mention are also the “Madonna del Pubblico Voto” statue, the font, a XV century tabernacle, the paintings, the furniture and the pipe organ dating back to the XVIII century.
Address: Piazza IV Novembre 2 – 48031 Bagnara di Romagna (RA)
Phone: 0545 76054 church
How to get
The church is located in Piazza IV Novembre, in the historical town centre. Car and bus parks. Accessible to disabled.
Open from 9am to 8pm and during services. Please check hours phoning to the church.
(Updated to 29/07/2022)