The Parco del Tondo is the second largest park after the Parco del Loto.

It was born in 1860 as a ring-shape stadium from which it takes its name (“tondo” is Italian for “circular”). It was initially a horse race track and a velodrome; then it was used as a stadium, to finally become a park.

At the beginning of 1989 the park was redesigned: paved paths were built and park furniture and play sets for grown-ups and little ones were installed. A perimeter fence provides safety and serves an access control measure.

The park welcomes people of any age; there are always fun activities to engage in, from music shows to sport events.

Useful information

Address: Viale Orsini, 48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: 0545 299441 (Information Office)

How to get
The main access to the garden is on Viale Orsini, at few hundred of meters from the railway station (a secondary access is in Via Lumagni).
Car parks all around the garden. Disabled access available.

Timetables informations
gates open: during summer, 7.30-24.00; during winter, 7.30-21.00

(Updated to 11/08/2023)

logo bassa romagna mia

Official tourist information site of the Union of Municipalities of Bassa Romagna

Piazza della Libertà, 13
48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Tel. +39 0545 280898

P.IVA e Cod. Fiscale 02291370399