Bagnara’s castle is one of the few completely preserved strongholds of the whole region. Its walls were built in 1354 by Bernabò Visconti; he had the moat dug along the wall, but unfortunately it is not possible to know how deep it was, as the moat was drained in the XVIII century.
The walls had six ramparts which housed the soldiers and guards; they have been restored several times along the centuries.
The castle had just one entrance and today it is still possible to see its four defensive structures where falconers and crossbowmen used to climb in case of aggression.
Phone: 0545 905501
Fax: 0545 76636
How to get
Historical town centre. Car parks available.
(Updated to 15/11/2020)