CHIESA DI SAN FRANCESCO

Saint Francis church, with the annexed monastery, is located in the historical town centre in Bagnacavallo. The first documents mentioning the monastery and the church date back to 1270. Bagnacavallo_Convento-di-San-Francesco

During centuries, the building was modified several times. Today the church is in neaoclassical style, the simple facade is decorated by a three arches porch.

The interior has a single nave with four chapels on each side: in the first chapel on the right there is a Crucifix painted with tempera on a gold background in the style of the Riminese School which can be assigned to the well known, but unidentified, master “Maestro di Verucchio”.
The last chapel on the left houses an interesting bas-rilief of the XIV century depicting the mercenary captain Tiberto VI Brandolini, the famous member of an ancient local familiy.
Worth of mention is also the chapel dedicated to the Blessed Virgin of Jerusalem whose image dates back to the second half of the XV century.
The church preserves other relevant masterpieces. Among them, worth of particular mention is “Our Lady and the holy child on a throne with the saints Joseph, Rocco and Sebastiano” by Ferraù Fenzoni and fragments of the ancinet fresco in the sacristy corridor dating back to the XIV century.

Useful information

Address: Piazza Carducci – 48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Phone: 0545 280898
Email: turismo@unione.labassaromagna.it

How to get
From piazza della Libertà, go along via Mazzini and via Dei Martiri, till you reach piazza Carducci. Car park.

Opening informations
closed at the moment

(Updated to 23/01/2021)

logo bassa romagna mia

Official tourist information site of the Union of Municipalities of Bassa Romagna

Piazza della Libertà, 13
48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Tel. +39 0545 280898
turismo@unione.labassaromagna.it

P.IVA e Cod. Fiscale 02291370399
P.E.C. pg.unione.labassaromagna.it@legalmail.it