The S. Agata V.M. Church was built in Neoclassical style in 1881 and was designed by the architect Pritelli, but an older religious building used to be on this site around 1494, probably designed by Bramantino, as some remains of the facade decoration can still be seen in the sacristy.
The building is designed around a Latin cross and its interior preserves some paintings by local artists, amongst which Tasselli from Lugo (XVII century) and Orfeo Orfei from Massalombarda (XIX century).
In 1944 the painter Umberto Folli from Massa Lombarda painted the presbitery vault with frescos depicting the four evangelists.
Address: Piazza Garibaldi 3 – 48020 Sant’Agata sul Santerno (RA)
Phone: 0545 45109 church
Web site: https://www.comune.santagatasulsanterno.ra.it/Amministrazione/Luoghi/Chiesa-Arcipretale-S.Agata-V.M
How to get
The church is located in Piazza Garibaldi right in the town centre. Car parks in the sorroundings.
Please check hours phoning to the Church.
(Updated to 16/01/2023)