During World War II the church was heavily damaged: the bell tower was completely destroyed; only the facade and side walls were left. Church is dedicated to all the people of the territory of Cotignola who died in wars.
The building has a Greek cross plan and the interior is in baroque style.
The Veronese painter Felice Torelli (1666-1748) has carried out several paintings for this church: the picture of the main altar, a sacred conversation with Madonna, Saint Gregorius Pope, Stephen Protomartire and Purgatory souls; four shaped small paintings positioned beside the main image depicting The Holy family, Loreto’s Virgin, Saint Magdalene Mary and the Egyptian Virgin.
Address: Corso Sforza 27 – 48033 Cotignola (RA)
Phone: 0545 908873, info – Culture Office
Fax: 0545 41574
How to get
The Church is located in Corso Sforza, in the historical town centre. Car parks nearby.
open every day, 8.00 – 17.00
(Updated to 23/01/2021)