The first church dedicated to S. Giacomo was built during High Middle Age within the walls of the old casle. In 1390 it was rebuild in the present position, since the castle had become a fortress.
Inside it’s single nave with vault ceilings and four chapels on each side.
The first chapel on the right is dedicated to S. Lucy, the second to Jesus Christ, the third to S. Filippo Neri, the fourth to the Holy Vigin of Lourdes.
The first chapel on the left hosts a baptistry with an interesting XVI century gate in forged, the second is dedicated to the Virgin, the third to Jesus’ Sacred Heart and the fouth to S. Louis Gonzaga.
The paintings are by Avveduti and Verlicchi and depict the Apostles.
Address: Corso Mazzini 48 – 48022 Lugo (RA)
Phone: 0545 23213 info Church
Website: Comune Lugo
How to get
The church is about 100m far from Piazza Baracca, in corso Mazzini, but it has an entry also in via Amendola. Inner yard car park and along the street, disabled facilities in via Mazzini.
Open during services (holidays, at 9.00am – 11.00am – 5.30pm)
(Updated to 28/07/2023)