The church was erected in Bagnacavallo 1674 by Gesuits on an area which used to belong to the Saint Joseph’s Confraternity. The building was property of the Gesuits till the suppression of the order (in 1773), then it passed to the Suffrage Confraternity.
In baroque style, the church has a porched hall with columns in Istrian stone, surmonted by a wide central framed window.
Inside there is a single nave with two chapels on each side. Worth of mention are the beautiful carved wooden choir, the stucco altar pieces and the painting depicting The Holy child in Glory with the Saints Francis, Saverio and Francis Borgia by the Veronese artist Felice Torelli (Verona 1667 – Bologna 1748), pupil of Giovan Gioseffo Dal Sole.
Address: Via Trento Trieste 1 – 48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Phone: 0545 280898
How to get
It is located near piazza della Libertà, on the corner with via Trento Trieste. Car park available.
open during exhibitions of special religious celebrations
(Updated to 23/01/2021)