The tower of Traversara, in Bagnacavallo, was built around 1370. Originally it was only a defensive tower, then it became a fortified house and, around 1736, a “villa”. Owned by Hercolani family, it passed to the local Count Vitelloni and later to Leonardo Rambelli, chief engineer by Venice and Rome Water Court; finally the tower was owned by the painter Giuseppe Rambelli, follower of Fattori, who stayed here till the fifties and painted it in many of his art works.

Useful information

Address: Via Torri 56 – 48012 Traversara di Bagnacavallo (RA)
Phone: 0545 280898 Tourist Information Office

How to get
4 km from Bagnacavallo’s town centre, Ravenna – Traversara direction. Car park.

Opening informations
Private propriety

(Updated to 24/08/2023)

logo bassa romagna mia

Official tourist information site of the Union of Municipalities of Bassa Romagna

Piazza della Libertà, 13
48012 Bagnacavallo (RA)
Tel. +39 0545 280898

P.IVA e Cod. Fiscale 02291370399