Museum and archaeological sites
The inauguration of the new layout of the archaeological area in the Church of San Patrizio, which took place on 12 June 2013, concluded the process aimed at increasing the value of the archaeological remains discovered during the digs that were conducted inside the church on the occasion of the restoration and consolidation works carried out in 2009.
The museum is housed on one floor of the vintage clothing shop A.N.G.E.L.O Vintage Palace; it is a unique permanent collection dedicated to the fashion of the 20th century and the clothes on display can be rented.
The centre exhibits a rich collection of preindustrial manufactures realized with marsh grass, willow and poplar wood.
The former convet of the Cappuccine nuns hosts the Museo Civico Le Cappuccine with the Natural History Museum "P. Bubani", the ancient and modern painting collection and the prints collection with old and contemporary engravings and the Public Library "G. Taroni" which preserves an old archive and a collection of contemporary books and magazines with the historical archives of local documents.
Historical museum dedicated to the famous aviator of World War I, Francesco Baracca. The museum dedicated to the Italian aviation pioneer has a display of several personal objects of Francesco Baracca, together with historical documents; amongst the exhibits there’s also one of the airplanes that Baracca piloted during one of his 34 victories, the SPAD VII, dated 1917. One side of the aircraft has the personal coat of arms of the major Baracca; it represents a rampant horse, which is world wide reknown because Enzo Ferrari decided to use it as the symbol of his cars.
The museum is hosted in a modern building (built in 1981). It preserves documents relating to the hard times of World War II in Romagna, with a particular attention to the so called "Gothic Line".
The museum was opened in 2008 and occupies the rooms, the basement, the donjon and the courtyard of the 14th century fortress Rocca Sforzesca, which has been completely restored to become a museum and a cultural space. The permanent archaeological display features items from the Bronze Age, the Roman times and the Middle Ages. The original medieval town’s settlement can be seen in the archaeological site of ‘Prati di S. Andrea’.
The art museum named after Luigi Varoli has four sections: one is the art scholl "Scuola Arte e Mestieri", the second is Varoli’s house "Casa Varoli", the third Arialdo Magnani’s house Varoli’s pupil and the last part is located inside Palazzo Sforza. The museum is dedicated to the local artist Luigi Varoli (1889-1958), who had a strong influence on many local artists.
The museum, inaugurated in 1983, is inside a restored mansion house. Here can be found a wide view of past, present and future fruit farming.